cGPSmapper v0100d

O narzędziach do tworzenia własnych map, takich jak MapEdit czy cGPSmapper, a także o serwisach udostępniania, wymiany i przetwarzania danych geograficznych takich jak MapCenter, OpenStreetMap czy SDD (SRTM). Ogólnie, o wszystkim co związane z radością UMPowania.

Moderatorzy: Artur, Alf/red/, Spider

cGPSmapper v0100d

Postprzez Spider » Cz, 01 lip 2010 8:33

Pojawiła się nowa wersja cGPSmapper'a -> 100d

http://www.cgpsmapper.com/

Niestety jest też zła wiadomość:

Dear user,

Thank you for trying cGPSmapper program - tool for creating custom maps for GARMIN GPS receiver. I put into this program much work and I am continuously developing it with hope, you will find it useful.

Please keep in mind - I have never seen any official specification for Garmin maps - most of the work base on reverse engineering - therefore I cannot give ANY guarantee, maps created with this tool will work at all - even more - I cannot give you any guarantee, your GPS becomes operational after uploading maps created with this program.

Remember - you can loose your warranty using custom maps.

( During last 12 years of my work, none of the GPS I use to make tests did not broke - so hopeful - nothing bad will happen with your one - but don't blame me if I am wrong - you were bewared. )

Version 100 is expected to be the final and last version of cGPSmapper program, no further development is expected - only bug fixes. Support will be provided till end of 2010

Źródło: http://www.cgpsmapper.com/download/Readme0100.txt

Odpowiedź autora:

Hello Everybody,

This is a difficult situation I am at the moment with the program.. Some of you knows that I was discussing recently with Garmin regarding the general idea of independent mapping.

I have a feeling that Garmin is interested in such activity, however (that's my assumption) - they have not yet clear vision how it could looks like.

The general approach however would be only a non-commercial solution for independent mapping, whenever we enter the commercial zone - Garmin clearly wants to have their solution to be used.

Above is one of the reason - I have somehow to discontinue current cgpsmapper, as partly it is a commercial solution. However this is not the main reason..

Secondly, very important thing is related to internals of the program itself - as from the beginning it was more written as analyzer of IMG structure... As latest changes Garmin did start to implement in the format - what makes me to realize that actual architecture of program is not well prepared as well as I'm no longer able to be up to date in a reasonable time (considering other duties I have).

There are other reasons including personal ones too, but let them skip now.

My discussion with Garmin did not stop, even if initial concept couldn't be implemented. They still may propose kind of cooperation - but how could it looks like, still there is no clear vision.

I have still some ideas in mind, but lot depends of the final decision made by Garmin.

What might happen - considering 2 scenarios -

I. Garmin is willing to cooperate
- initiate wider group to prepare new tool - hopefully - an open initiative (if Garmin agrees to share more openly their format)
- initiate closed group of selected people (if Garmin reserve right to their sharing information)
- ?

II. There will be no cooperation with Garmin
- Garmin itself will offer something for independent mappers (I think, it can happen)
- Nothing will happen, meaning that other solution to support Garmin format will be used, latest cgpsmapper or simply independent maps will have to move to another platform...
- Less likely, I'll initiate an open group with knowledge I have to create new version of the program

Just to sum-up - it is not said, that the general solution will be simply discontinued (at least now) - but for sure there will be a general change in the concept.

Forgive me, that there is no information right on my web page - but as my discussion with Garmin is still not definitely finished, I rather hesitate to post there information what will be the future.

Whenever there will be any further progress, I'll inform all of you.

Regards,
Stan

Źródło: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/map_ ... sage/12149
Garmin: GPSMap 66s
Android: Xiaomi Redmi 4X

Obrazek Obrazek
Spider
Radny

Re: cGPSmapper v0100d

Postprzez JacekN » Cz, 01 lip 2010 20:02

A dla mniej kumatych streszczenia po naszemu się nie da napisać??
176C&FF320C&SP7200&sporo innych gratów i na dodatek 64st
JacekN
Bywalec

Postprzez soko » Cz, 01 lip 2010 22:21

W wyszukiwarkę wpisz "google translation". Wybierz tłumacza (Google translate - translate.google.com), wstaw URL , no i wybierz język wejściowy i wyjściowy.
I masz tłumaczenie - trwa 2 sek. :: efekt taki np.:

Witam wszystkich,

This is a difficult situation I am at the moment with the program.. Jest to trudna sytuacja jestem w tej chwili z programu .. Some of you knows that I was discussing recently with Garmin regarding the general idea of independent mapping. Niektórzy z was wie, że byłem niedawno w dyskusji Garmin dotyczące ogólnej idei niezależnych map.

I have a feeling that Garmin is interested in such activity, however (that's my assumption) - they have not yet clear vision how it could looks like. Mam wrażenie, że Garmin jest zainteresowany w takiej działalności, jednak (to moje założenie) - nie mają jeszcze jasnej wizji, jak to może wygląda.

The general approach however would be only a non-commercial solution for independent mapping, whenever we enter the commercial zone - Garmin clearly wants to have their solution to be used. Ogólne podejście byłoby jednak tylko niekomercyjne rozwiązanie dla niezależnych mapping, kiedy wchodzimy do strefy handlowe - Garmin wyraźnie chce, aby ich rozwiązanie jest stosowane.

Above is one of the reason - I have somehow to discontinue current cgpsmapper, as partly it is a commercial solution. Powyżej jest jednym z powodów - mam jakoś do zaprzestania obecnego cgpsmapper, a częściowo jest to komercyjne rozwiązanie. However this is not the main reason.. Jednak nie jest główny powód ..

Secondly, very important thing is related to internals of the program itself - as from the beginning it was more written as analyzer of IMG structure... Po drugie, bardzo ważne jest to związane z wewnętrzną samego programu - od początku było więcej napisane jak analizator struktury IMG ... As latest changes Garmin did start to implement in the format - what makes me to realize that actual architecture of program is not well prepared as well as I'm no longer able to be up to date in a reasonable time (considering other duties I have). Jak najnowsze zmiany Garmin zrobił rozpoczęcie wdrażania w formie - co czyni mnie sobie sprawę, że rzeczywista struktura programu nie jest dobrze przygotowana, a także nie jestem już w stanie być na bieżąco w rozsądnym czasie (biorąc pod uwagę inne obowiązki mam ).

There are other reasons including personal ones too, but let them skip now. Istnieją jeszcze inne powody, w tym także te osobiste, ale niech teraz pominąć.

My discussion with Garmin did not stop, even if initial concept couldn't be implemented. Moje rozmowy z Garmin nie zatrzymał, nawet jeśli wstępnego projektu nie mogą być realizowane. They still may propose kind of cooperation - but how could it looks like, still there is no clear vision. Nadal może zaproponować rodzaj współpracy - ale jak wygląda, wciąż nie ma jasnej wizji.

I have still some ideas in mind, but lot depends of the final decision made by Garmin. Mam jeszcze kilka pomysłów w głowie, ale wiele zależy od ostatecznej decyzji przez Garmin.

What might happen - considering 2 scenarios - Co może się zdarzyć - biorąc pod uwagę 2 scenariusze -

I. Garmin is willing to cooperate I. Garmin jest gotów do współpracy
- initiate wider group to prepare new tool - hopefully - an open initiative (if Garmin agrees to share more openly their format) - Zainicjować szerszą grupą przygotować nowe narzędzie - miejmy nadzieję - z inicjatywy otwartego (w przypadku Garmin zgadza się dzielić w sposób bardziej otwarty od ich formatu)
- initiate closed group of selected people (if Garmin reserve right to their sharing information) - Wszczęciu zamkniętej grupy wybranych osób (jeśli prawo do rezerwy Garmin wymiany informacji)
- ? -?

II. II. There will be no cooperation with Garmin Nie będzie współpracy z Garmin
- Garmin itself will offer something for independent mappers (I think, it can happen) - Garmin oferuje się coś dla niezależnych maperów (myślę, że może się zdarzyć)
- Nothing will happen, meaning that other solution to support Garmin format will be used, latest cgpsmapper or simply independent maps will have to move to another platform... - Nic się nie stanie, co oznacza, że inne rozwiązanie umożliwiające obsługę formatu Garmin będą stosowane, ostatni cgpsmapper mapy niezależnych lub po prostu będą musiały przenieść się do innej platformy ...
- Less likely, I'll initiate an open group with knowledge I have to create new version of the program - Mniej prawdopodobne, będę wszczęciu otwarta grupa z wiedzy mam do tworzenia nowych wersji programu

Just to sum-up - it is not said, that the general solution will be simply discontinued (at least now) - but for sure there will be a general change in the concept. Tylko do podsumowania - nie jest powiedziane, że ogólne rozwiązanie będzie po prostu przerwać (przynajmniej teraz) - ale na pewno nie będzie ogólnych zmian w koncepcji.

Forgive me, that there is no information right on my web page - but as my discussion with Garmin is still not definitely finished, I rather hesitate to post there information what will be the future. Wybacz mi, że nie ma odpowiednich informacji na mojej stronie - ale jak mój Garmin dyskusji z pewnością nie jest jeszcze gotowy, to raczej nie wahaj się po informacji, jaka będzie przyszłość.

Whenever there will be any further progress, I'll inform all of you. Gdy nie będzie dalszego postępu, będę informować was wszystkich.

Regards, Pozdrawiam,
Stan Stan
Źródło: Źródło: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/map_ ... http://tech.groups.yahoo

==============
Może tłumaczenie kulawe, ale zawsze. Jak potłumaczysz z chińskiego, to nawet nie zauważysz, że kulawe.
Pozdrawiam Krzysztof
60CSx, Colorado 400t, Suunto X10, Colorado 300 i Colorado 400c. 86S, 79S.
Moja "Instrukcja Obsługi Colorado": Link: viewtopic.php?p=67948#p67948
soko
Garniak

Postprzez Alf/red/ » N, 04 lip 2010 22:30

Streszczenie: Duży Garmin ma w dupie nasz kompilator i wszystkie nie-swoje mapy, nie chcą dać żadnej wiedzy a wymyślili nowy sposób kodowania map. Staszkowi opadły wszystkie macki i już mu się nie chce. Na teraz nie przewiduje się żadnych istotnych nowości w kompilatorze (a co za tym idzie: w UMP-pcPL), jeno naprawianie błędów.
Alf/red/ + jutrzejsze UMP-pcPL + nüvi 360/CNE2008 + nüvi 765/CNE2010 + Vista HCx.
Obrazek
Alf/red/
Radny

Postprzez Spider » Śr, 14 lip 2010 5:35

Info od autora:

Whatever I'll decide - will I succeed in starting open initiative to continue work or not - clearly last version of the program will be available - moreover - the full routable version will be also freely available, but no sooner than end of this year.

Źródło: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/map_ ... sage/12169

Z jednej strony to dobra wiadomość, z drugiej strony nie wiadomo czy wtedy cGPSmapper się do czegoś przyda w nowych odbiornikach lub w odbiornikach z nowym firmware skoro, jak pisze Alf/red/, Garmin opracował nowy format kodowania map.
Garmin: GPSMap 66s
Android: Xiaomi Redmi 4X

Obrazek Obrazek
Spider
Radny

Postprzez JacekN » Śr, 14 lip 2010 8:38

Pewnie sami chcą się dobić,oczywiście ze szczęścia.
176C&FF320C&SP7200&sporo innych gratów i na dodatek 64st
JacekN
Bywalec

Postprzez MaciekP » Śr, 14 lip 2010 9:23

a konkurecja się cieszy....
Wielką zaleta Garmina jest masa darmowych map i spełecznosć jaka je tworzy....jak to podupadnie, otworzy się szeroko brama dla innych rozwiązań:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8443
Forerunner 935 na codzień, Epix - na szlaku, Oregon 600 - mapnik, GPSMAP 620 -woda, Nuvi 3597 - droga, Edge 1030 bundle - rower, TEMPE. Były 60CS, 60CSx, 276C, Etrex 30, Edge 1000
MaciekP
Bywalec

Powrót do Tworzenie map