GmaptoolGUI

O oprogramowaniu do obsługi naszych Garminów. BaseCamp, MapSource, MapSetToolKit, sendMap, WebUpdater, POI Loader, OziExplorer, GarPatch i wiele wiele innych. Także o serwisach typu GPS Visualizer czy GPSies. Ogólnie o szeroko rozumianej personalizacji odbiorników oraz ich wsparciu przy pomocy dodatkowego oprogramowania.

Moderatorzy: Zachu, wojtek, Spider, PouchX

GmaptoolGUI

Postprzez TheHijacker » Śr, 14 maja 2008 7:17

Hello all.

I wrote a Windows GUI program for GMapTool since using it in command line can be hard for most of the people. It can do quite a lot of things like:

- map info
- detailed map info
- set map transperency
- set map priority
- merge maps
- add new keys
- remove keys
- extract map and prepare for mapsource import (not completed yet)

It has already been translated to Polish language:

Obrazek

It's still in development and whenever I find time I fix a bug or two or add new stuff to it.

If someone can explain other parameters that program can take (with examples) I would be glad to add them inside GUI.

Current version is 0.7c. You can download it from here: http://freeweb.siol.net/akralj9/gmaptoo ... oolGUI.zip

Beetl(e)dit: Pozwolę sobie na krótki komentarz dla zainteresowanych korzystaniem z programu Gmaptool.exe popeja w wersji "okienkowej" kolegi TheHijacker'a. Autor wciąż testuje i udoskonala program, więc przypomnienie, że korzystamy z narzędzia na własne ryzyko. Program jest intuicyjny i raczej nie wymaga dodatkowego opisu. Wszystko zawarte jest w pliku gmaptool.txt programu gmaptool.exe
Ostatnio edytowano Śr, 14 maja 2008 18:50 przez TheHijacker, łącznie edytowano 2 razy
TheHijacker
Nowy

Re: GMapTool GUI

Postprzez beetle-m » Śr, 14 maja 2008 7:25

TheHijacker napisał(a):I wrote a Windows GUI program for GMapTool since using it in command line can be hard for most of the people. /.../
It's still in development and whenever I find time I fix a bug or two or add new stuff to it.
Wow. Thanks TheHijacker. We will test it.
TheHijacker napisał(a):If someone can explain other parameters that program can take (with examples) I would be glad to add them inside GUI.
Let's see popej's opinion 8)

Beetl(e)dit: It's working nice. There is some "gift" at your post :wink:
Ostatnio edytowano Śr, 14 maja 2008 9:20 przez beetle-m, łącznie edytowano 2 razy
Pozdrawiam, mariuszD
Już bez Garmina na pokładzie. Kiedyś: nüvi 3490LMT // 3790T // 765T // 760 // 250W
Teraz: Xiaomi 12 (z Google Maps i Android Auto)
beetle-m
Garniak

Postprzez TheHijacker » Śr, 14 maja 2008 8:14

Hello beetle-m.

Thank you for translation. I have added it inside INI file.

You can fetch latest version of GMapToolGUI on this address:

http://freeweb.siol.net/akralj9/gmaptoo ... oolGUI.zip

PS: Thanks for the beer :). I will be glad to drink it after work.
TheHijacker
Nowy

Postprzez popej » Śr, 14 maja 2008 10:15

Hi TheHijacker,

I haven't time to thoroughly examine your progamm, but first impresion is very nice.
popej
Montana 700, 3540T, PL Topo, OSM, CNE; PocoX3Pro, OsmAnd+
popej
Garniak

Postprzez Zachu » Śr, 14 maja 2008 10:57

beetle-m not translated ;)

Break=PRZERWANE
EnableTrans=Enable or disable transperency?
YesNoTrans=(Yes-Aktywne, No-Zablokowane)
Nuvi & DriveAssist & Zumo & fenix
Obrazek
Zachu
Radny

Postprzez beetle-m » Śr, 14 maja 2008 11:40

Zachu napisał(a):beetle-m not translated ;)

Break=PRZERWANE
EnableTrans=Enable or disable transperency?
YesNoTrans=(Yes-Aktywne, No-Zablokowane)
Wieczorkiem nadrobię wszelkie dziury ... jeśli chcecie to potestować.
Ogólny zarys chyba już po "polskiemu" jest :wink: .

Beetl(e)dit: Poprawka poszła do autora. Dzięki Zachu.
Pozdrawiam, mariuszD
Już bez Garmina na pokładzie. Kiedyś: nüvi 3490LMT // 3790T // 765T // 760 // 250W
beetle-m
Garniak

Postprzez TheHijacker » Śr, 14 maja 2008 13:17

beetle-m sent me his updated Polish translation with your letters. I've updated the INI file and also resized the buttons under the ouputed text so it will fit (while at it I've also change English and Slovenian translation for Copy buttun into Copy to clipboard; makes more sense).

Version number hasn't changed. Redownload from link in first post.

And sorry for writing in English. I can only write in Slovenian or English :(.

But to some extend I do understand what you are talking in Polish. Some words are simillar to Slovenian words. For all other Google Translate kicks in :D.

popej: Thanks to you for your great program. I find it very usefull. I just wish I knew all the possible commands I can do with it. If you can find some time and explain with examples how to use them, I'd be more then glad to add them in the GUI program.
TheHijacker
Nowy

Postprzez beetle-m » Śr, 14 maja 2008 13:35

TheHijacker Good job 8)

One more think. Important I guess.
IMO pressing "RUN" button should start main operation on img files.
Now simple choosing option in "POSSIBLE OPERATION" can start/do it.

It's little dangerous don't you think ?
Pozdrawiam, mariuszD
beetle-m
Garniak

Postprzez TheHijacker » Śr, 14 maja 2008 14:33

Pressing Run button (or pressing Enter key on the command edit box) starts a new thread and executes command from the command edit box.

My initial plan when making the program was to hide command box all together with the run button, since you can always select operation from the dropdown list. But I got requests to leave it from the Slovenian forum members where where I first released the program.

It is now possible to type your own commands inside the command box such as:

Kod: Zaznacz cały
cmd /c mem /c | more

or

cmd /c dir c:\

or even better:

ping localhost

and by clicking Run button to execute them.

Main goal was of course to test diffrent GMapTool parameters manualy. Once operation finishes it leave last executed command inside the command box. This is perhaps only thing I can change in the program. But currently I like it just the way it is.

For example the MapSource part of the operation is made of 4 commands:

1. cmd /c copy "img file" "target directy" /y" (so it doesn't unpack from original location)
2. GMapTool.exe -S "new folder+img file" (unpack IMG)
3. cgpsmapper.exe "new folder + mapset00.mp" (run cgpsmapper.exe)
4. cmd /c del "new folder+img file" (delete previously coplied IMG file)

That is why if you select MapSource operation you can see the cmd "/c del ..." command as the last one executed.

It's not dangerous as long as you know that in order to make operations on IMG file you need to select them from the drop down list. And if you wish to manualy run command to use the command edit box and the Run button.

If you can give me a more convincing reason on why to change this I might reconsider ;).
TheHijacker
Nowy

Postprzez beetle-m » Śr, 14 maja 2008 15:04

Little misunderstanding (cause my English isn't perfect).

Try this (actual):
1. Input files (choose one or two files)
2. Possible operation (choose one from the drop list)
Your software starts after step 2 automatically.

:idea: My idea (for discussion): :idea:
1. Input files (choose one or two files)
2. Possible operation (choose one from the drop list)
3. Press RUN button to start operation.
Yr software will start after step No 3.

IMO much better. Why ? If my step No 2 was my mistake I can correct it before start by RUN button. :idea:
Pozdrawiam, mariuszD
beetle-m
Garniak

Postprzez TheHijacker » Śr, 14 maja 2008 15:27

Aha! Now I understand what you mean... Easily fixed. I took your suggestion but preserved my wish to leave command box as it is.

Download new 0.7b version from the first post and tell me what you think ;).
TheHijacker
Nowy

Postprzez beetle-m » Śr, 14 maja 2008 15:44

TheHijacker napisał(a):Aha! Now I understand what you mean... Easily fixed. I took your suggestion but preserved my wish to leave command box as it is. Download new 0.7b version from the first post and tell me what you think ;).
Not good. Contents of COMMAND box must follow to selection of POSSIBLE OPERATION.
If I select "View detailed map information" in POSSIBLE OPERATION it should show correct command in COMMAND box: (....gmaptool -vi gmapsupp.img ....) etc
As previous version.

Back to previous version of yr software and modify starting operation: only by pressing "RUN" button. That's all.
Ostatnio edytowano Śr, 14 maja 2008 20:18 przez beetle-m, łącznie edytowano 1 raz
Pozdrawiam, mariuszD
beetle-m
Garniak

Postprzez TheHijacker » Śr, 14 maja 2008 17:58

Back to basics. I've reverted my last changes. It made too many new bugs. If this will be requested more then once I will reconside adding it back.

Problem here is that when you select for example key removal it needs to ask you for a description and for new filename. Makes no point of choosing this from the list and then waiting for a user to click on RUN button to start asking for description and new filename. Before you input this you can't see how the command line would be.

But for now every operation you choose is from the operation list and it gets executed on selection. If this is too extreme I can add a messagebox asking:

Are you sure :?:

:)

Latest version 0.7c.
TheHijacker
Nowy

Postprzez beetle-m » Śr, 14 maja 2008 18:08

TheHijacker napisał(a):Back to basics. I've reverted my last changes. It made too many new bugs. If this will be requested more then once I will reconside adding it back.
No problem TheHijacker. Version 0.7c is good enough ! I will test all option in few days.
Thanks & Good luck on your exam :wink:
Pozdrawiam, mariuszD
beetle-m
Garniak

Postprzez PouchX » Śr, 14 maja 2008 19:11

I think Popej should cooperate with TheHijacker and send him all sources... (if it is not already done)

But it's up to Popej.
PouchX
Radny

Następna strona

Powrót do Software